Many girls feel empowered, classy, and good-looking by being able to show off a pair of lean legs in their business attire or even to get the recognition of their peers when they go to the beach or walk around on a skirt.
Getting the right look can be a bit difficult though. If you go overboard with the training, you might develop your muscles way too much and your legs will get much bigger than you want to.
You need to be able to balance the right amount of exercise and the frequency of your training to get to that point where jeans and shorts will make you look sexy instead of bulky.
Apparently, it all comes down to the correction of a slight mistake that most trainers tend to overlook: most of them would never go for a lean look unless they are certified trainers aiming to attain beauty pageant looks.
Most of them relate a healthy look with a muscular one, so they rather go for training based on weights rather than aerobics and cardio and that’s just the kind of routine you need to get the thin legs your dream of.
How to Get Super Skinny Legs – The Road to Success
Achieve your dream pair of legs just requires that you make certain adjustments to your daily routine. To get there, the first thing you need is the required mind setting.
You won’t achieve anything if you do not pursue the commitment to your goal. After getting to that place on your own or by the hand of someone guiding you, you will need to:
- Change your eating habits
- Train on cardio
- Learn routines on resistance training
It certainly looks easy at first, but as you embrace each step individually, you’ll realize how much discipline it needs. Over the next few lines we’ll tell you how you’ll be able to get around each one of them without feeling overwhelmed:
Changing Your Eating Habits
If you are wondering how to slim legs and thighs fast, the right answer is not firsthand exercise. The first thing we need to change is our eating habits and that’s probably one of the biggest challenges on the list.
Not only it requires a certain amount of will on our behalf, but it also demands that we embrace some types of foods we outright reject.
You need to remember at all moments that you are doing this for yourself, to be healthier and to look good. Once you are there, you can either get the help of a nutritionist or you can look for a nutritional plan that suits your organism.
It’s important for you to understand that not everyone has the same body type. In fact, science has made the distinction between the types of metabolisms with the following classification:
- Ectomorphs: these types of metabolism are the ones found on naturally thin people. Ectomorphs tend to be very lean and thin. Gaining weight for them is quite a challenge since their digestive systems processes all the nutrients and energy faster and they burn it off just as quickly as they consume it.
- Mesomorphs: this is the balanced metabolism found on average people. They tend to be in the middle of the three spectrums available since their metabolism processes all meals at the right time. They can lose and gain weight easily as long as they don’t go overboard.
- Endomorphs: the final type of metabolism is the one found on natural big persons. Endomorphs can get pretty big and overweight if they watch out for their diets. While it’s easy for them to put on weight and muscle mass, they can have a really hard time getting rid of it.
Once you have figured out your body type with the help of a medical professional, you’ll be able to follow the regime that is best suited for you.
While the personal recommendations of each doctor are something personal that you need to embrace on your own, there are certain aspects of eating better that you can pay attention to your own to avoid mistakes, here are a few considerations:
- Many professionals have replaced the word “diet” on their eating regimes since it implies short-term goals to get limited results. If you want to lose weight in legs and keep them looking good as long as you want, you need to embrace you lean meats such as turkey, chicken, and fish. Eggs and beans are also very good sources of proteins and healthier than red meat in general.
- If you want to consume healthier sources of fat forget about butter and embrace natural, unrefined oils as well as avocados, most types of nuts, and a steady source of carbs. While this might sound contradictory, it’s been established by science that our body does need a certain intake of carbs to function properly.
- If your mind drifted to chocolate you not that far off track, but you need to avoid the sources of carbs that you take for granted, especially the ones containing refined sugars. You can get them from most green vegetables, potatoes, or whole-wheat bread. If you want to indulge in something sweet the best moment to do so is in the morning since it’s when your system is processing more effectively all sources of energy offered to it.
As you manage your eating habits and build a regime that works out for you, you will need to add exercise to the equation to make it work out and get the thin legs you are looking for.
As we stated previously cardio plays a big part on the equation and while the type of metabolism will determine just how much exercise you need there are a few constants that you can manage on your own to make working out something enjoyable. Keep reading to find out.
Also Read: Trimtone – Best Fat Burner For Women
Training Cardio to Get Dreamy Looking Legs
This one is the biggest secrets unknown to many trainers out there.
If you are wondering just how to get skinny legs the right way, cardio is a key component of the overall equation that you need to solve to achieve your goals.
But just how much cardio do you need? Which routines favor you the best?
After all, there are quite a number of cardio exercises that help build muscle, and getting the lean legs we are looking for must need certain routines to get us there.
As it turns out, according to a number of personal trainers out there, the best exercise you can manage to get lean legs its low-intensity cardio or as we call it in layman terms: taking a walk.
Let’s back the dial a little bit. Yes, we just said that walking is the best exercise to achieve the skinny legs you are looking for, but you just can take a walk from home to your job and make it count. It doesn’t work like that.
To understand how walking can help us shape our dream legs, let’s list some facts:
- Taking a walk burns a lot of calories, especially when it’s done on an exercise mindset. Meaning: take a moment to walk with a purpose, dress the part and make sure you cover a good share of distance and sweat enough to make it count.
- The amount of walking you manage must be proportioned to your daily caloric intake. There are a lot of apps out there that measure the number of calories you consume and also let you know just how many calories you burn after a walk. The moment you burn more calories than the ones you eat, you will be right on track.
- As you manage longer walks, you’ll build resistance and endurance due to the exercise. It will be harder for you to sweat but that doesn’t mean that the time spent taking your daily walk doesn’t count. If you wish to, you can increase the difficulty of the challenge to get more toned legs by walking a part of the road and running for the rest of it.
- Running will burn even more calories and it will help you get rid of the fat on your legs. It will also increase your metabolism, so you will probably feel hungrier. You will need to make some adjustments to your regime to get more energy out of your meals and increase your caloric intake. After a while, and depending on your body type, you’ll get results that stand out to the naked eye.
- If you are wondering why we don’t recommend some other routines to get the skinny legs you are looking for such as power bike training or more high-impact aerobics it’s because most of these exercises tend to build a lot of muscle mass and the purpose of this walk-through is to achieve lean looking legs.
It’s worth mentioning that your walking should follow certain rules to achieve the goals you are looking for:
- You can get a walk outdoors, in fact, it certainly it’s recommended, but you should avoid at all costs taking uphill routes since they will build bulkiness on your quadriceps and your rear.
- If you use a treadmill, don’t incline on it at all, same reasons as above.
- As you start out, being able to manage a 5km walk under an hour sounds about right. As you increase your endurance, you’ll be able to go even further at the same time.
- Finally, try to take your walk on an empty stomach. You’ll burn accumulated fat instead of calories.
Resistance Training Routines to achieve a Gorgeous Pair of Sleek Looking Legs
Resistance training does not burn fat in the same way as walking or running does, but it’s very helpful to improve the metabolism of a person.
A well-performing metabolism burns energy and calories in a more efficient fashion and this is one of the most important process you need to be able to control if you want to lose weight and have striking looking sleek legs.
One of the main concerns for many women out there is the fact that resistance training does build a lot of muscle and it can give you a rather masculine look on your legs.
But if you have the right trainer that knows how to manage the right amount of weight you’ll be using you won’t have any problem at all.
If you are wondering just what types of exercises are considered resistance training routines to do on your own, some of the easiest examples out there are burpees, jump lunges, jump squats and box jumps.
They certainly involve a lot of movement and a lot of aerobic activity, but if you manage to handle just the right amount of series and repeats on a week, you will merely tone out the muscles instead of building them.
As you look for ways to learn just how to lose weight in your legs, you will find one too many recommendations. Getting a pair of good-looking legs requires discipline and commitment, but sometimes the simpler approach is the right one.
Your diet is important, you need to take care of it, that’s a given. But when it comes to physical activity, you certainly are not looking to build muscle mass, hence, you don’t need high-impact exercise routines.
If you are pursuing this goal with professional help, make sure to let them know exactly what you want. Your trainer needs to understand that your goal is a feminine look rather than a muscular one.