Millions of people across the planet are suffering from obesity or overweight problems, and it is a known fact that losing weight is really difficult.
The internet is filled with tons of information and techniques on how to lose weight, and there are unbelievable amount of over the counter products as well as weight loss programs out there that claims to burn your fat and get you that toned body in fastest time possible. However, do they really work?
Well, the answer to this is mostly no. Most of these over the counter products tell you that it burns fat, but instead gifts you side effects that you really don’t want.
Plus, most of the times, you don’t end up following those gruesome 90 days or 30 days weight loss programs, which might make you feel like a failure. Losing weight doesn’t have to be that big a deal, if you actually know how to do it, and of course, a little determination and will.
I have achieved my weight loss goals through intermittent fasting, which in my opinion is one of the fastest and the best ways to lose weight, without actually feeling any burden on your day to day life.
In simple words, I eat dinner today and don’t eat anything till dinner next day, and to fasten the process of burning, I jog or workout for an hour in between. This speeds up the process of burning fat. For people who are new to this style of weight loss can start by doing this once per week, before regularising their body and then continue to do it twice per week, but any more times is not suggested.
Scientific researches says that you can actually go for as long as 72 hours without eating anything. So, if you are concerned as to having any side effects from it, then you are completely wrong, I started this a few months back and have already achieved my weight loss goals. The whole idea is to miss breakfast, lunch and snacks in between dinner to dinner.
This would ensure calorie deficit in your body. The body remains generally in two state, the fed state and the fasted state.
In the fed state, the body is burning food to get the energy it requires for proper functioning and in the fasted state, the body burns fat for energy.
The food you have is generally burnt in around 10-14 hours, and afterwards the body starts to feed on fat to get the calories it requires.
So, around 10 hours of fat burning is what happens in intermittent fasting, and to increase metabolism and fat burning process, you can work out for an hour.
It is not a compulsion, but I have personally noticed that it helps a lot, and gets you the result faster. If you are a busy person, then walking to your home after office if it is possible, or walking around your home in above normal pace anytime of the day can help.
The problem is that people used to stay in shape thousands of years ago, because food wasn’t easily available. However, these days, fast food companies are spending over 20 billion in marketing alone to compel you to buy something and eat. And, before you even know, your appetite has increased and you are not able to control your diet, and weight gain happens drastically.
This is the biggest problem that you need to counter when on intermittent fasting. While I.F is flexible in many ways, but you need to have self-control for the first few weeks, which might be hardest too. With time, your appetite would slowly but surely reduce itself and you would start having better more determined self-control on what to eat and what not to eat.
There are many benefits of going for intermittent fasting, and few of the major benefits are as follows –
- It does not burden your day to day life, and you can go on with it without feeling any major changes in your body that negatively impacts your life.
- You do not have to starve yourself every day. You can still eat every day normally, except for fasting days when you have just one meal a day.
- It teaches you about self-control, which is essential for losing weight.
- The results achieved are visible in just a few weeks.
- There are no side effects of this method of weight loss, and you can be sure that you would be in better shape in just a few weeks.
- Your appetite would get supressed gradually with time, and you won’t feel the need to eat a lot, or keep snacking like earlier. Basically, after a few fasting days, you would get calorie conscious by yourself as you see the results, and how good you feel after losing a few kilos.
- Most of all, you would get back in shape, lose weight and get that slim toned body you have always been looking for to get.
However, with all that said, I don’t mean to say that it is going to be easy, but what I am trying to say that it is worth it. It is tried and tested and I have personally got the results I am talking about. There are a few tips that you can follow to get through those fasting days –
- You can have a cup or two of black coffee or green tea to keep your body from completely draining out during those fasting days.
- Do not over eat when you have dinner the next day. This would destroy the idea of fasting, and would fill you with way too many calories than you bargained for after fasting.
- Exercise once a day every day, especially during those fasting days. It would greatly speed up the process of fasting and ensure that you are able to achieve your weight loss goal sooner than you thought.
Intermittent fasting is a great way to lose weight, and it surely would help you achieve your weight loss goals. If you want, you can also use those tried and tested weight loss pills, such as Phen375 along with it to help you get results faster.