You need to create a solid 30 day muscle building workout plan if you are planning on bulk up without spending too much time.
Although it does take time to muscle up, it’s always a good idea to start.
And when you start, you want to make some significant moves. What can you do? What plans can you create? What kind of combo should you do?
What to Know About Muscle Building
You should realize that gaining strength and improving it doesn’t happen in an overnight. It takes time. And the 30 day muscle building workout plan is the ‘most minimal’ effort in building muscles.
If you want to build muscles and make them last, you need to include them in your lifestyle. You want to include your workout routine as a part of your long-term lifestyle.
Mind you, though, that muscular growth (and strength) needs consistent persistence and work that happen for a long time. Don’t get your hopes high and remain logical.
If you expect significant (muscular) gains within 30 days, it would be impossible. However, the 30 days time period provides a solid starting point. Not to mention that 30 days should be enough to help you build strength.
Yes, it’s enough but you can always improve it if you extend it for a prolonged time.
Ways to Be Stronger
If you are planning on getting stronger (or increasing the muscle mass), how should you create the 30 day muscle building workout plan?
First of all, you need to do different kinds of exercises so you are able to build your overall strength.
It doesn’t matter whether you are joining yoga classes, running drills (in the boot camp), or pumping iron for the strength training sessions, you should perform different challenges; not only focusing on a particular exercise.
How should you do it?
- Work and focus on doing repetitions or/and increasing the weights
- When you are doing weighted exercises, don’t forget to include bodyweight exercises
- Perform isolation movements without neglecting full-body movements. When you are able to incorporate them all, you are doing just great.
- Perform the exercises consistently
- Focus and improve your technique so you can achieve better muscle isolation
The Importance of Proper Foods
Besides the physical exercises, you shouldn’t forget your meal menu. Menu planning should be included in your 30 day muscle building workout plan as meal planning accompanies the workout routine.
Well, at least, that’s what happens in the proper and right physical plans to improve your strength and boost your muscle mass.
You should know that diet is a crucial part of muscle building – just like a physical workout.
When you consume the right foods in the right amounts, the combination will ‘feed’ your muscles with the necessary nutrients and vitamins.
Your body needs these kinds of nutrients so it can recover from the workouts, resulting in stronger and bigger muscle mass.
At the same time, you should also know that eating the wrong type of meals or not having the right proportions will create unwanted results for the body.
When you try to build muscles, you definitely don’t want any subpar outcome. That’s why having a 30 day muscle building workout plan with meals should also be seriously considered.
In fact, there are studies that show that exercising alone won’t do you any good. Focusing on your diet only has been proven to be quite useless too.
However, when you can combine both exercises, doing both physical exercises while supporting your efforts from within, you can achieve quite a lot of improvements and significant results. So, if you want to enjoy a successful outcome, you need to seriously consider doing both.
The Important Foods
In 30 day muscle building workout plan, it doesn’t matter what kind of food you eat. There is no difference between the one for cutting phase and the one for bulking.
You need to focus on the amounts because it’s the quantity that matters. The foods to consume:
- Starchy veggies, such as cassava, potatoes, green lima beans, green peas, and corn.
- Dairy products, such as cheese, low-fat milk, cottage cheese, or yogurt.
- Veggies, like mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peppers, spinach, asparagus, spinach, cucumber, broccoli, and leafy salad greens.
- Fish, poultry, and meats. It includes cod, salmon, chicken breast, tilapia, ground beef, venison, sirloin steak, and pork tenderloin.
- Oils, like avocado oil, flaxseed oil, and olive oil.
- It includes watermelon, berries, apples, peaches, oranges, pears, apples, grapes, and bananas.
- Legumes and beans. It includes pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, and lentils.
- Grains, like rice, popcorn, cereal, quinoa, oatmeal, crackers, and bread.
- Nuts and seeds, such as flax seeds, chia seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts.
These foods are believed to improve your condition, especially when you try to bulk up.
If you can consume them daily, and you increase the amount, these foods are believed to give you a significant improvement in your performance and appearance.
Foods to Avoid or Limit
In your 30 day muscle building workout plan, you should also plan out the foods to avoid. It’s better if you can avoid them completely, but if you can’t, you need to limit the consumption. So, what are they?
- Deep fried foods. These foods may cause inflammation, especially when consumed excessively. When you are already in a serious state, it may cause diabetes. Some of the examples are cheese curds, chicken strips, onion rings, French fries, and fried fish.
- Added sugars. Foods with extra sugars are surely tasty, but in reality, they only pack few nutrients, and yet they have tons of calories. Cakes, ice creams, candies, sugar-sweetened drinks (like sports drinks and soda), donuts, and cookies are some foods you need to avoid or limit.
- Consuming alcohol doesn’t have any health benefits. It can affect your body, especially in the ability to lose fat and build muscle.
There are also other foods to avoid, especially if you are about to hit the gym or exercise. Consuming these foods can cause stomach upset while slowing digestion at the same time. These foods are:
- Carbonated beverages. Don’t drink diet soda or sparkling water if you are about to work out.
- High fiber foods. Cruciferous veggies (cauliflower or broccoli) and beans may hinder your progress. Not to mention that they tend to cause gas.
- High fat foods. Don’t eat foods with creams or heavy sauces, buttery foods, or high fat meats if you don’t want to have obstructed results.
30 day Muscle Building types of Exercises
30 days may not be a long time to build muscles, so you shouldn’t expect much in building muscles.
Again, you should be able to be stronger and start building muscles, but you can’t expect bulky and big muscles.
You may notice that you start building muscle mass, but not bulking it up. You don’t have to join any membership program either.
There are actually some proven exercises that can be included within your 30 day muscle building workout plan at home.
- Chest Target
- Push ups. Do this for 3 to 6 sets, and repeat it from 6 to 12 reps. Push ups focus on your triceps and chest, but this exercise will also target your core muscles, shoulders, lower body, and lower back. If it’s too difficult, try with half push ups. Instead or using your toes, use the knees to support your body.
- Do it 6 times a minute and repeat for 15 minutes. This is an explosive workout that won’t only target your chest and core, but also glutes, legs, back, and arms. Not only it’s a cardio exercise, but it’s also a strength exercise.
- Pull ups. Do it 3 sets and repeat from 2 to 5 reps. Don’t give up when you just begin because it can be quite challenging. It is great for your biceps, upper back, and shoulders. If you just start, you can simply hang and wait hanging there. As your strength increases, you should try raising yourself.
- Arms Target
- Plank up. Do this for 3 sets and repeat for 5 to 10 reps. The planks are exercises to strengthen up your arms. But plank up adds the challenge. It will target your biceps and triceps quite effectively.
- Triceps dips. Repeat for 2 sets consisting of 10 to 12 reps. You will need a ledge, bench, box, or chair to do this. This movement can be quite challenging, but it’s great to target your triceps and core. Make sure that you do this correctly and you should see the significant improvement.
- It should be done in at least 3 sets, repeated in 4 to 6 reps. It’s a type of creepy crawling workout that is actually seriously targeting your quads, glutes, abs, chest, shoulders, and triceps.
- Legs Target
- Step up. Do it in 3 sets within 15 reps for each side. If you have a box or a staircase, this leg workout would be a perfect option. It’s simple and yet it can give you stronger hamstrings, glutes, and quads. Some people may call it the up and down (staircase) movement. If you want to make it more challenging, you can consider raising the knee to your chest when you take second step (to the stair or box).
- Repeat this in 3 sets within 15 repetitions for every side. The classic one is enough to build the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. And there are different lunge variations that you can try.
- Do it 3 to 5 sets in 8 to 12 reps. Most people believe that squats should be done with weights. However, that’s not entirely true because your body weight alone can be quite challenging, especially if you are a beginner.
Don’t forget to include supplements in your 30 day muscle building workout plan. Why does supplements matter? Because they can support your progress and help you to build lean muscle mass. There are some of the best supplements to build muscles, including:
- It reduces fatigue, pushing your body to work harder. You can consider taking tea, coffee, or pre-workout supplements. But be sure to only consume them in moderate amounts and follow the consumption direction for safe intake.
- Whey protein. The whey protein powder is the simplest way to boost the protein intake. It’s also convenient, offering you flexible ways to boost your workout performance.
- With creatine, the muscles have the energy to perform well, including with extra reps. When you want to get the best creatine, find products containing creatine monohydrate. It’s the most effective type of creatine that can boost your performance. When you include creatine in your 30 day muscle building workout plan, you should be able to gain maximum performance.
Read Also: Crazy Bulk Review
How to Get the Best Result
There are some simple, and yet effective ways to boost your performance, even in such a limited time, such as the 30-day scheme. It takes commitment and determination.
- Get Physical
When you want be stronger and build muscle at the same time, you need to start working out.
Being a couch potato won’t help. And if you do want to bulk up and be stronger, you need to either add the reps or increase the weights.
You basically want to overload the muscles. When you are working out at home, you can increase the movement. If it’s possible, add the weights. If not, add the numbers of repetitions.
- Movements Combo
Let’s not forget that weight lifting or bodyweight exercises are meant to build balance, flexibility, endurance, and strength. You can add them to any workout you have.
Another reason to add the movements combo is to make your muscles move most of the time. That’s why consider incorporating burpees, lunges, squats, and planks into your regular exercises. These exercises will also challenge your muscle mass.
When you try to build muscle and improve your strength, you can do all of these things. Combine all of these methods so you can enjoy fruitful results even in such a short time.
When you do these methods in your 30 day muscle building workout plan, you should be able to build up muscles and be stronger in a month.